Child Welfare Information Gateway promotes the safety, permanency, and well-being of children, youth, and families by connecting child welfare, adoption, and related professionals as well as the public to information, resources, and tools covering topics on child welfare, child abuse and neglect, out-of-home care, adoption, and more.
A service of the Children's Bureau, Administration for Children and Families, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, we provide access to print and electronic publications, websites, databases, and online learning tools for improving child welfare practice, including resources that can be shared with families.
- Help with a personal situation
- Videos/resources about Information Gateway
- More from Information Gateway
Child Welfare Information Gateway does not have the authority to intervene in or give advice on personal situations. We are not equipped to accept reports of suspected child abuse or neglect, or to offer crisis counseling. For help with reporting child abuse and neglect or to speak with a counselor, contact Childhelp® at 800.422.4453.
- Child Welfare Information Gateway: Stay Connected (PDF - 671 KB)
- ¿Qué es Child Welfare Information Gateway? (PDF - 277 KB)
- Child Welfare Information Gateway: Your Connection to Information and Resources [Video]
- Navigating Child Welfare Information Gateway's Website [Video]
- Child Welfare Information Gateway Prevention Resources [Video]
- Out-of-Home Care Resources [Video]
- Adoption Resources [Video]